Wednesday, June 1, 2016

My adult life.

I am now 28 years old. It has been ten years into my adult life. I was so wrong about a lot of things. But, I don't think I am to blame nor is anyone else. I feel I am lucky to have lived the childhood and young adulthood I have lived. My ten year high school reunion will be happening sometime somewhere this summer. I probably won't go. I already have a nice friend from high school who moved to town a couple years ago. So we catch up on each others' lives weekly.

When I was 18 I was preparing to go to the Air Force Academy. I was getting straight A's in school. But when I found out my hopes for the Academy were a bit delusional I began to be a bit sloppy in my last semester of high school. I had high hopes. My parents and elders didn't think I should enlist because I was too smart.

By the time I was 18, I was pretty religious and reading the bible regularly. I was preparing to go on a mission trip to mexico while I was going to school in my last semester on my senior year. I went to mexico and I loved it. I came back and went to a technical school for a semester and I quit that so I could work to go on a another mission trip to mexico and then to a disciple training school to guatemala for twenty weeks.

When I got back I was super delusional and grandiose. I went to a psych ward for a couple weeks. I was put on meds that made me gain weight really fast. I did lose all that weight once i stopped those meds and I do have the stretch marks from that. However, during 2008 I was labelled with Bipolar type 2. I now live on social security and in an apartment that is paid for by the housing redevelopment agency.

I realize now that I wasn't entirely set up to go to a four year college. I didn't grow up in a family of scholars. I grew up in a family of rednecks and catholics. There is no shame in that. But, insanity either diagnosed or undiagnosed runs on my family. And, I have a big family.

Now a days I look at climate change info and nuclear meltdown info. I watch the meltdown of the economies world wide. It is a bit scary. But it is exciting too. Knowing that the entire planet will seriously be destroyed in a short time is kind of exhilirating. People have been warning about global warming for a really long time. I am a bit disappointed that schools dont teach about it.

I will share more about what I have been up to later. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment